Saturday 20 March 2010

It's an ill wind that blows no good

You know how I was saying that elder daughter has been touring Leipzig? I didn't get around to mentioning that the rest of band trip included Dresden and a three-day stay in Prague, including an evening at The Magic Flute, but I'm not bitter. No, no, I'm happy for her, really, really happy....

The phone rang at about 9:30 this morning. I was in the bathroom and missed it, but the Resident Fan Boy picked it up. Due to the British Airways cabin crew strike, elder daughter and her fellow high school band-mates, en route to Hades from a tour of Leipzig, Dresden and Prague, all fifty-six of them, are stranded. In London. For two-and-a-half days.

They seem remarkably unfazed by this. I wonder if the same could be said of their chaperones?

No comments: