Sunday 8 January 2012

For Doctor Who fans only (and possibly for literal video fans only as well)

Two or three years ago, I did a post on literal videos which featured the work of dascottjr, featuring his classic literal version of Bonny Tyler's epic and weird music video "Total Elipse of the Heart". Dascottjr's version went viral, so naturally, the people responsible for the original got it yanked for copyright infringement (presumably they didn't appreciate such a work of -- cof, hac, wheeeeze -- art being made a figure of fun), and since I'm among those who failed to save it to my computer, I can't show it to you here.

Recently, a very strange tribute has appeared on YouTube by someone who evidently did have the foresight to save dascottjr's masterpiece to her computer. Zeborahnz took the soundtrack of the literal version of Total Eclipse and made (wait for it) a Doctor Who fanvid.

Now, I don't know if you need to be familiar with the original literal video to find this amusing or clever, but I certainly do -- although I echo Zeborah's recommendation of using the CC (closed captions) option so you know exactly what the singers are saying.