Thursday 13 December 2012

Have Yourself a Merry Little Melisma

I have a Twitter account even though I know a grand total of four people on Twitter. (These are the kind of cutting-edge friends I have.) Since these four people have composed about half a dozen tweets between them over the past three years, I don't actually use Twitter for communication.

I use it for stalking.

One of the people I stalk is Colin Mochrie, our very own Scottish-Canadian improv wiz. Recently, he shared this celebration of Mariah "Have Yourself a Merry Little Melisma" Carey, and I can't resist either:
Rather a shame that the still image gives away the surprise, robbing us of the slow reveal of that perfect Christmas look: rose-coloured leotards and striped knee socks. Particularly on a fella.

I guess this illustrates what pop music has known for decades: what a girl really wants is a sexually-ambiguous boyfriend. Or a gay BFF.

The dancers/choreographers here are Alex Karigan and Zac Hammer of the Amy Marshall Dance Company. And I do think they're rather good.