Wednesday 5 October 2016

Always late to the party

A couple of weeks ago, Tom Power left his post as host of the CBC Radio Two Morning show to take over "Q", the show formerly hosted by He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named. This meant, among other things, that the music during Power's final week was particularly arresting.

I was standing in front of the bathroom window when this came on, and I was transfixed. Although it's at least four years old, I don't remember hearing it before.

Maybe it was just my time to hear it.
Not sure why the back-up singers are done up in Sixties mode.

As far as I can tell, there are usually two back-up singers, but the song can work just as well with one back-up singer - if the singer is k.d. Lang, who can sound like a choir on her own.
Of course, the irony is that this performance took place on "Q" - when He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named was still in charge.

No comments: